Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Can my sexual partner get herpes after giving me or*l sex after i had already had a genital herpes outbreak?

i just found out that i have genital herpes and i just met this guy that i'm dating and we want to have sex. Right now my blisters and lessions are drying up. I know in order for me not to infect my partner i have to be completely clear of my blisters and lessions in order to have sex again. But if my parner gives me or*l sex could i give him the virus even though i don't have an oubreak?

There can be a small, but contagious, amount of virus present even as the blisters are drying up. If your partner has contact of that type with your vaginal area, he can get a herpes infection where the contact took place-in or around his mouth. Cold sores are herpes virus of the mouth, usually passed by kissing, eating or drinking after someone who has herpes, but they can also be acquired through o*r*a*l contact on genital sores. Also remember, that you can have outbreaks and not know it-either far up inside where you can't see them, or asymptomatically-which means the virus is active, but does not cause the outward show of blisters.