Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I have a boyfriend but I like someone else!?

My boyfriend and I have been going out for a year now. This is my first serious relationship and im 15. But anyway, he has aspergers and he goes to a private school with all boys so hes very awkward. Hes really, really sweet and opens my door, is polite,and has an amazing family. But since he has aspergers, everything is very strange. And his parents love me for accepting him but it has been difficult and hell lol but I always loved him for who he was. Lately, ive been losing feelings for my boyfriend. He ruined my birthday and got me a lame card for vday. And I have been thinking about how hes always pressured me into sex and im tired of it and ive realized we have really nothing in common. He has always been horrible at texting me and he never does anymore. But lately another guy has started to like me and I started to like him and sometime soon hes going to ask me out and yes he knows I like him and I have a boyfriend. The point is, would it be ok if I went out with guy #2 but not as a date? And I would never cheat on anybody. But theres a ball or fancy dance( like cinderella) and I went last yr and I want to break it off with my boyfriend because Iand my family think its the end. The problem is,the ball is in 3 weeks and I cant ditch him because that would be heartless and I want him to be happy at this dance. I already went on a date to see if I wanted to really break it off and I felt guilty when he would kiss me and say I love you. I know this will happen at the dance too and the guilt is unbareable. I dont know what to do. do I call him and tell him the truth? And ask if he would like to go as friends? I dont want him or his family to hate me. And I dont want to ever hurt him. Im young and I dont really want to be tied down in something serious (especially that im not happy in). And I want to date this other guy but im also afraid hes not gonna be worth it and im gonna miss my soon to be ex. What would you do if you were me?

tell ur boyfriend that ur not happy and that he cant make it better, dont get sucked back into the relationship with guilt for him, y would he and his parents hate u? because im sure they dident expect u to get married or anything.

Well if you think you're gonna miss your ex why not stay with him? Why did you start dating him if you guys don't have anything in common? Seems a bit harsh to just dump him like that.

Break up with him tomorrow, and enjoy the new opportunities as a single girl. I don't think 3 weeks is so bad to break up with someone before something big like a ball (the longer you wait, the harder it will be) . Needless to say, he will be crushed. Heck, he might even contemplate suicide. The important thing is that you can finally be in a happy relationship.