Thursday, May 31, 2012

What did my turning my ex down for sex say to him?

Me and my ex had known each other as friends since we were very small. We just got out of 3 year relationship about 2 months ago. Everything had been pretty good until I got pregnant with our son. Since then, I would catch him texting other females about them having sex, and when we would have little "breaks" he would hookup with other girls. Stupidly, I would fight to keep us together, bringing my self esteem and self-worth down in the process. We now have two children, he's 23 and I'm 22. He's currently dating a senior in high school. Last night, he asked that I go over, and I did. It was extremely awkward and when he made advances I turned him down. I don't really know what to make of his reaction..he just sat there with his head back on the couch and his hat over his eyes. Every other time that we would have been broken up, I would agree to have sex with him and we would always get back together, but then I'd still have to put up with the same bullshit. I'm finally starting to gain my selfesteem back and it felt damn good to walk out of that house with my head up and my dignity intact. Now I'm just wondering what's going through his mind. I know it's getting to him that I'm not pregnant anymore and that I'm almost back down to my pre-baby weight bc he's constantly asking if I've been getting sex and makes snide comments about my look or how i'm dressed when I take the babies to him. Any insight on my situation would be great! Thanks!!

He's a player! Seriously, you sent him the message that you're not interested and that you've moved on. Good for you to be working on your self esteem, keep it up!