Thursday, May 17, 2012

What are the rules for sex when dating nowadays?

I mean do people lose respect for each other if they sleep together on the first date? Is old school still in? (3 month rule)
How long do you date before sex becomes an issure?
What is the norm these days?
Is the same for all ages (20's, 30's 40's)?

Apparently there are no rules;new HIV cases are higher
among young people more than ever before.I'm young and
single and I am aware of the pressures and dilemmas of
dating. I know that it's important to have rules and
standards for myself. If I don't take care of myself,who
will? Ethical and moral compatibility are just as important
in a relationship as any other components--maybe more so.
To answer your questions more fully:
1.I would lose respect for myself if I slept with someone on the
first date.My feelings about myself are more important than others
are about me.
2.Sex is always an issue from day one especially when there is a
strong attraction.Men tend to like me a lot just from my physical
appearance but I have to let them see that I am more than an "ilf".
3.I don't know what the norms are for others who date but the
standards do vary and I'm beginning to see a trend where young
people are waiting until marriage to have sex.(oral sex is STILL sex y'all !)
4.I'm 34 and people in my age group seem to be disillusioned with
the dating process. Most of my female acquaintances practice
celibacy and don't have hope for "serious" relationships.